- we are running out of front page space, especially as more and more of our work involves more than one of our teams (for example, the Leicester Award);
- we need to give certain themes of our work more prominence - principally careers and support for postgraduate researchers;
- we need to make it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for (pushing out information to Facebook and Twitter has helped a lot in this regard but we need to make the front page itself more immediately self-explanatory)
- Learning Development
- Career Development
- Work-related Learning (including Business and Enterprise Learning)
- Research Student team
- Employer Liaison
Succeeding in your studiesTo include academic skills development for undergraduates and support for research postgraduates (the latter's web pages we will be restructuring over the summer - I blogged about some ideas last week)
Gaining experienceTo include work placements, volunteering and business and enterprise opportunities - for undergraduates and research postgraduates.
Planning for a careerTo include the support offered by the career development team (whose web pages we will also be restructuring over the summer) and the Research Student team - for undergraduates and research postgraduates.
I'm hoping these headings will simplify things and so help us address the three reasons mentioned above. In terms of how it might look on the page here's a mock up (I'll figure out the relative sizes of the columns later) - click on the image to enlarge it.
- do the themed areas cover everything?
- are the themed areas termed correctly?
- will the proposed changes address the reasons for change (1-3)?
- does the draft layout make sense?
- do you have any other ideas or suggestions?