Alan pointed out this helpful article to me on Top 5 alternatives to Hootsuite, which suggests the following:
There are a number of things I need a service to allow me to do, the main criteria are as follows:
- Support multiple Twitter accounts
- Support Facebook pages
- Allow multiple users to post to the accounts
- Shorten URLs
- Allow scheduled posts
- Allow attachments (especially images)
- Have a reasonable charging model
- I gave up with Brizzly because it kept asking me if I wanted to 'create a picnic'. Very annoying!
- Buzzom will be including a URL shortener soon - see. Also see comment on this post from the Deep Sherchan from the Buzzom team re premium version.
- MediaFunnel will be going Freemium but I'm assured there will be no bad surprises. Rumour has it it will be two users and two social media accounts for free., then each additional user/channel pack will be $4.95/month. This is much more realistic than Hootsuite.
So we'll be trying out MediaFunnel in the next few weeks and I'll let you know how we get on. So far it's looking extremely promising :)