Pages

Monday 4 October 2010

Another quick Facebook ad update

I've just put up another Facebook ad. This time I've tried the following criteria:
  • who live in the United Kingdom
  • age 18 and older
  • who are at University of Leicester
  • who are connected to University of Leicester Students' Union
  • who are not already connected to Student Development, University of Leicester
The difference being the addition of the 'who are at University of Leicester' bit. I shyed away from this the first time in case people hadn't updated their profiles - but I'll give it a go and see what happens, especially as we're now in freshers' week more people should have updated their profiles by now. I really should put up another add with different criteria (as per Brendan's helpful comments to a previous post) but I want to see how this one goes. I'm only spending a poultry £5 per day but I still need to be careful what we spend on it whilst it's still very much experimental. I also asked David if he'd mention us on the Students' Union pages - which may well be more effective. And now I understand the 'Action' column in the stats summary table (thanks Alun) I should be able to differentiate between those who 'Like' us as a result of the ad and those who find us via other means (like a post David might put up). But the important thing in all of this is not the numbers but getting beyond likes. So more work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment