Pages

Friday 1 October 2010

Quick Facebook ad update

This needs to be quick as I'm in a hurry. Hopefully a more considered most will follow next week. So I mentioned on Tuesday that I'd put up my first Facebook ad. It was just a simple test with a very small budget of £20 - set to run over 4 days - 28 September to 1 October. The targeting was as follows:
  • who live in the United Kingdom
  • age 18 and older
  • who are connected to University of Leicester Students' Union (thanks David ;)
  • who are not already connected to Student Development, University of Leicester
On Tuesday before the ad we had 1,692 'Likes'. 4 days later we now have 1,728, an increase of 36. It's not a huge increase but it's something - and all in the week before term starts. You can see further details in the image below.

I need to go through the figures more closely (and look up the helps to see what some of the TLAs mean) but there have been 63 clicks but how many of those are responsible for the increase in 36 Likes I'm not sure. The ad performance glossary doesn't mention what the 'Actions' Column means - if the actions represent the number of clicks that translated to likes then the ad is responsible for less than a third of the increase in the four day period. Does anyone know what the Actions column means?
Anyway, I think I'll pop another one up for next week (but I'm going to try a different image) to see what impact that has. It's useful to be able to experiment...

2 comments:

  1. Useful information. Actions are people who became fans of your page according to this help file. http://ads.ak.facebook.com/ads/FacebookAds/Facebo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ha, so it is 11/63. Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete